About Grad Film Trailers
These trailers are created for publicity purposes, and are integrated into the Emily Carr website. Our Animation Techs will process your individual trailers and load them onto an ECU Vimeo account.
Selections are taken from some trailers for the major publicity trailer, which is cut together for advertising the Premiere and Best Of screenings. And of course, your own path with distributing to film festivals would require this trailer as part of your filmmaker's distribution package.
Here are some other examples of animated short trailers.
The Final Exit of the Disciples of Ascensia by Jonni Philips
Mom's Clothes by Jordan Wong
Ugly by Nikita Diakur
Biidaaban (The Dawn Comes) by Amanda Strong
Caterpillarplasty by David Barlow-Krelina
Batfish Soup by Amanda Bonaiuto
Trailer Due Date
- April 7th, 2020
- Deliver the rendered file to the Animation Tech's drive
Select animation shots that promote the spirit of your film. It might even be a single shot if there is wonderful animation that expressed this spirit on its own. Focus on getting these selected shots through your pipeline FIRST to address the trailer delivery needs.
Place title and name credit later, so the Animation Techs can create a collective trailer edit. They can't use a shot if there's text composited over it.
- Trailer specs: 30 sec, no overage
- Title, near the end
- film by Your Name, with title or after it
- if you have a destination website, include that at the very end over a neutral color, like black. websitename.com
- NAMING: lastname_firstnameinitial_t.mov this would look like: smith_j_t.mov
- Output must be assembled from lossless source material.
- Files must be one of the following three DCI compliant resolutions/aspect ratios:
- HDTV 16:9/1.78:1 [1920 x 1080 (1.0)]
- Flat 1.85:1 [1998 x 1080 (1.0)]
- Scope 2.39:1 [2048 x 858 (1.0)]
- Files must be exported at a frame rate of 24.0 fps.
- All QuickTime files must have:
- Quicktime Apple ProRes 422 codec
- All QuickTime files must contain 48 kHz, 24 bit uncompressed stereo.
- Audio levels must be mixed to the following guidelines:
- average levels around -20 dbfs
- peaks no higher than -6 dbfs
- dialogue normal levels around -27 dbfs
- dialogue peaks no higher than -10 dbfs
- Refer to Submitting Exhibition Screening Media to submit your file