Grad Film Deadlines
return to Animation Resources
These dates are subject to change
Please go to Submitting Exhibition Screening Media to submit your materials.
- Two Trailer shots (completed shots from your film) for the ECU publicity trailer. Here is the 2019 trailer as an example. Please follow the Technical Standards 2021 when submitting the trailer shots. If you file is not up to the technical standards, you will be asked to submit again (good practice for your final film!). Required for 2DAN, optional for 3DAN.
- Presskit Text: This includes your log line, film description, artist's statement, and biography. You will also choose how your film will be tagged in the MOD.
April 12th Begin Sound Mix CHECKS with either your faculty or Tech (sign-up TBA)
- Sound Mix Preparation Checks: if you are interested in having your sound track mixed professionally by Doug Paterson, you must have your mix pre-checked by your instructor or a technician to make sure it is properly formatted. Check out the Sound Mix Preparation page for format and creative mixing information. Once your sound mix file has been approved by a technician or your instructor, you may sign up for a sound mix session. Check the Sound Mix Preparation page for more information.
- Beginning of Sound Mix Sessions. Sessions available until
April 30thMay 10th.
- Films in progress due to your instructor for grading. Coordinate with your instructor on what the date and tech specs will be. Do not submit to the technicians!
April 26th - changed from April 12th
DUE: Press Kit materials (poster (digital image version), 3 films stills, 1 cropped headshot, one-sheet). Please check out the Press Kits page for what is needed.
- It has been determined that Technicians no longer need presskit materials, except for posters (please ensure posters are of suitable resolution for printing).
- DUE: Poster printing files delivered no later than this date (posters to be batch printed by DM Grad Team)
May 1st - open to change
- Grad Show Website is available for uploading of material and page preparation. You will receive an email with more information around the beginning of May. The Grad Show website is the landing page for the entire ECU Grad Show. The Premiere screenings and Media On Demand are separate from the Grad Show website. Technicians and instructors are not involved in supporting the Grad Show website.
- Final Posters with all corrections due. Posters must be turned in by the 5th in order to be printed to be included in the Grad Show.
May 6th to 10th
- Additional sound mixing sessions are available with Doug Paterson between May 6th to 10th.
- Sound Mix Preparation Checks: if you are interested in having your sound track mixed professionally by Doug Paterson, you must have your mix pre-checked by your instructor or a technician to make sure it is properly formatted. Check out the Sound Mix Preparation page for format and creative mixing information. Once your sound mix file has been approved by a technician or your instructor, you may sign up for a sound mix session.
May 3rd - Extended to May 13th!
- Final Films Due! Pay close attention to the Technical Standards 2021 when submitting your film. If you file is not up to the technical standards, you will be asked to submit again. Please check your ECU email often in the days following the deadline, that is how the technicians will contact you if your films needs a correction.
- Trailers Due. Same technical specifications as your film. Required for 2DAN, optional for 3DAN.
- Design and Dynamic Media Grad Exhibition goes LIVE in the virtual platform and at the campus.
May 17th - changed from May 4th
- Upload an H.264 copy of your film to Moodle/Kaltura for the Media On Demand. Follow the instruction guide linked below:
May 21, 22, 23
- Dynamic Media LIVESTREAM Premiere screenings @ 7pm.
- May 21st 2DAN screening
- May 22nd 3DAN screening
- May 23rd FMSA screening